Truth

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Bringing The Streets On Stage


A lot of stuff do happen in the streets, but can you imagine from the normal stuff that happen in the streets, like robbery, drug trafficking, prostitution, to mention but a few, imagine a love story! Yes, a love story scene, I know what your thinking but yes I said it, a love story in the streets. The play street urchins is a play that covers a lot of stuff that happen in the streets, but I had to throw in a love scene, coz it happens, it’s just not talked about, people tend to omit that. Well I didn’t, I want this story to be complete, I want to show people how some of this guys ended up here, I want to show how, this guys go about their daily life, how they try to raise their families in the streets, and trust me its not easy, I just imagined it and I didn’t finish the imag in the word imagine. It’s hard to raise a family in the streets! Street Urchin is a show that also brings humor, yes, no matter how hard that sounds. The Humor is depicted in almost 80% of the play. The Director Peter Tosh believes in making a horror a comedy! I had that look too when I heard that! But That’s a story for another day, so yes, he did say that when I talked to him Yesterday during the rehearsals. So no matter how sad the story is, Tosh did find a way to fix some humor into it, I can’t wait for the 7th and the 13th of April! This will be one of the best plays Liquid Entertainment Arts has ever done. It’s like a true reality series on tv. Thus bringing the streets on stage. The stage manager Brian Mima a Chemical Engineer student at The Technical University of Kenya (TUK) always comes equipped with his engineering tools, just to fix the loose cannons, he thinks that the show is the best one yet! He also believes that the street has the best engineers only that they don’t have the right skills and tools, he said this after a research he did a few days ago as he went to mingle with some Streets Urchins in Kibera Slums.
Brian who also is a poet is working on a street Urchins Anthem! Wow, he seems to have everything all figured out! Well that’s it for me, I can’t wait for it to all go down! For emphasis the play is called Street Urchins, going down on the 7th and 13th April at St Andrews PCEA Church State house road! Hope to see you all there!

2 comments:

  1. I love that description. Another statement that got my eye, ati Tosh brings in comedy even to a horror, How true that is. Tosh ameiva na ni baraka kutoka kwa Mungu. The liquid arts actors are good too, very talented and flexible. I believe the play is not only hilarious but educating, since every play I've watched by liquid arts always has a message being passed. Waiting for the show. Kudos to the whole liquid arts team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, i really Appreciate! :-)
    Hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete